Don’t we all love a good game of billiards? If you are a pool fanatic as well, you know how very essential it is to have an excellent cue to score points, even more so than your skills and technique.
Woodwork is a tricky job to master. One needs a lot of mastery and specialization when working to make cue sticks. It would be best if you bought proper machinery for making pools and snooker cues. A high tower cue lathe is going to be an expensive buy but worth investing in. For a job done well, you need the right kind of cue lathe. There are a lot of brands selling power and hand tools, and you need to invest in a high-quality cue lathe available out there. We are going to list out the 5 best cue lathe for you to guide you through your purchase.
Best Cue Lathe
1. NOVA 71118 Cue Lathe
Teknatool International/Nova is a global manufacturing exporter in many countries such as New Zealand, the USA, and China. They provide smart tools and powerful solutions for their customers. Given below is a list of features this midi lathe flexible woodworking system has.
- It has a versatile speed range of 250- 4000 RPM, which enables you to adjust the speed according to your job.
- This small, space-saving lathe comes with a forward and reverses switch that gives you a superior finish and extra flexibility.
- The 3 step pulley system provides a digital speed range. The middle step offers enough variety for usual woodwork, whereas the additional steps allow you to work with more challenging applications.
- It has a solid cast iron construction, which provides optimum solidity and robustness.
- It consists of a 3” faceplate, 6” tool rest, spur drive center, live tailstock center, knockout bar, and a lathe handwheel unit.
2. WEN Cue Lathe
WEN tools have been in the business of power tools for decades. They have designed and distributed an innumerable variety of tools, and their variable speed lathe is undoubtedly a good quality product. All the features of this cue building lathe are given down below.
- It has a 4.5A motor that can handle wood of 18 inches long and 12 inches in diameter.
- You can adjust the variable speed from 450 to 3500 rotations per minute, and it also has a digital speed display.
- It has an easy-to-use lever clamping system, which makes adjusting the tool rest and tailstock quite easy and accurate.
- This cast iron wood lathe comes with a two-year warranty, which increases the credibility of WEN products.
- It also presents an MT2 spindle and tailstock taper and comes along with an 8-inch tool rest providing support for all your tools and chisels.
- Its soft startups prevent your workpiece from getting damaged.
3. JET Cue Lathe Machine
JET tools manufacture and sell a variety of products for woodworking, metalworking, lifting systems, and even air tools. Their highly capable and recommended lathe will turn your projects to the next level. This JET JWL-1221 VS 12” by 21” variable speed wood lathe is a one of a kind product. Given below is a list of all of its features.
- This wood lathe has unrivaled speed control and variable speed ranging from 60-3600 RPM.
- It comes with an innovative ratchet style belt tension, and its transition from forward to reverse is exceptionally smooth.
- This lathe machine has a hefty built, a sturdy design that makes it vibration-free.
- It also has an integrated, spring-loaded spindle lock that stays put and doesn’t slip at all when once locked.
4. RIKON Mini Lathe
RIKON power tools offer their customers the highest quality woodworking machinery that ultimately enhances their experiences. It is a trusted brand, and they provide a warranty on all their products, which range from sanders, lathes, grinders, jointers, and many more. This RIKON mini lathe is an exceptionally good quality product, and its features are listed down below.
- It has easy access to speed change and provides enough space to change the speed quickly.
- The tailstock is self-ejectable, so there is no need for a knock-out bar.
- It offers the 12 position index head for your precise pattern work and an ability to add multiple extensions.
- Its convenient features make this product easy to use, such as it has a flip- handle for mobility, a nylon faceplate washer, and a tool holder at the back of the machine.
- This mini lathe is an extremely versatile product that has the available accessories for customization, and you can modify it according to your usage and requirements.
- Due to its compact size and improved capacity, you can do so much more with so less space. It also comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
5. SHOP FOX Benchtop Lathe
Woodstock International is one of the best wholesale suppliers of woodworking and metalworking. This company has grown tremendously over the years. It designs sturdy tools that last extremely long and provides its customers with many years of trouble-free service. This Shop Fox W1704 Benchtop Wood Lathe has some great features which are listed down below.
- It is perfectly ideal for pen turning and small projects.
- It features a 1/3 horsepower, has a variable speed motor and its speed ranges between 700 to 3200 RPM.
- Its cast-iron construction and rugged build ensures safety and operates reliably.
- This lathe has a safety paddle switch, an MT1 spur center, and live center, 4-¼ inch and 7-inch tool rest, and a 5-¾ inch faceplate.
- It includes two tool rests for different turning applications, a 12-inch distance between centers, and an 8-inch swing over bed.
- This W1704 cue lathe has a 2-year warranty as well.
These were the 5 best cue lathes recommendations for beginners to invest in, according to us. Hopefully, it would have helped you in your search for a good quality cue lathe.
Which one of these is the best?
To answer this question of yours, we’d have to say the NOVA 71112 Comet ll by Teknatool International. It has a compact design that is perfect for small space and yet delivers to the optimal capacity. It’ll also help you achieve the superior quality finish to your cues. All in all, its performance is terrific, and it certainly tops our list.